Black Dog LED Grow Lights Review
For weed enthusiasts who are looking to grow cannabis indoors and don’t know what an LED grow light is or which one to buy, this is the right place.
A grow light, often called a plant light is nothing but an artificial light source. It is an electric light, engineered to stimulate growth in plants. It does this by emitting an electromagnetic spectrum that boosts photosynthesis.
Such kind of technology is highly helpful for cannabis growers who need privacy. We understand that the act, however natural, is frowned upon at many places.
Therefore, alternative solutions like Black Dog LED grow lights and Mars Hydro LED grow lights allow us to carry out our needs safely.
LED grow lights are ideal for private indoor farming including Cannabis.
In conditions where natural light is difficult to access, these supplemental equipment help a lot in growing decently sized plantations.
There are many reasons you should consider Black Dog LED grow lights for indoor cannabis plantations. These lights have proven results when it comes to boosting yields and have unmatched hardware quality.
LED lights are also cost effective and provide savings when compared to other methods like HID lighting. Lower wattage and reduced cooling loads also help in bringing the overall costs down. Additional advantages of LED are even further reaching such as not introducing mercury into the environment every time a bulb is changed.
You must be wondering about the high initial cost associated with Black Dog LED grow lights compared to other traditional equipment available online.
This is because the long-term value associated with better yields and reduced overheads makes the Black Dog lights more valuable. This along with in-house research, inclusion of specialized spectrum and top quality components with long running lives is an attractive proposition for any cannabis plantation owner or enthusiast.
Black Dog LED Phytomax 2
The Phytomax 2 is one of their most popular models and it comes in 200, 400, 600, and 1000 watts.
Here are the technical specs:
- All Highest-Quality, High-Efficiency 5-watt LEDs
- Every top-bin LED is selected from the industry leader for its particular wavelength, including Cree, Osram, etc.
- Glass primary lenses ensure durability and cleanability while maximizing efficiency
- High light intensity and energetic spectrum, crucial for canopy penetration to nourish lower leaves and flowers
- Even, edge-to-edge coverage eliminates leaf burn and hot spots
- Commercial Grade
- ETL certified to UL safety standards
- The best active heat management in the industry, crucial to maximizing LED life, efficiency and spectrum stability
- Largest heat sink among LED grow lights for superior cooling and increased LED life
- Ultra efficient, long-life fans: 70,000+ hour rated lifespan
- Made in the U.S.A
- Designed and built in Colorado
- Phyto-Genesis Spectrum™
- The most efficient spectrum for growing plants based on over 6 years of research and testing, outperforming HPS, MH, CMH, Induction and Fluorescent in equal wattage tests
- One ideal spectrum for both Veg and Flowering stages
- Does not stall plant growth like switching from MH to HPS does
- Eliminates the need for separate vegetative and flowering lights
- Decreases internodal spacing to encourage flower and leaf growth, rather than stems
- Beyond PAR™ – UV and IR LEDs
- UV light maximizes trichome production and makes plants more resistant to pests and diseases
- Our UV LEDs are laboratory proven to produce higher potency/active compounds (THC, CBD, terpenes, antioxidants/vitamins and flavonoids)
- IR light increases photosynthetic efficiency (Emerson Effect)Content Credit: Black Dog LED
Black Dog LED Grow Lights and Associated Yields
Maximized yield is one of the prime variables put into product research by the guys at Black Dog. They combine high power with their proprietary Phyto-Genesis Spectrum.
By far, this is the closest spectrum that is perfect for high yield growth.
Their loyal customers have verified the performance of these lights. Take the Heavy T Grow Show for instance. They came up with a challenge for LED companies to provide lights for a head-to-head test against traditional HID lighting.
Black Dog entered the competition with its BD700-F Grow Light. After 3 months and multiple on-air updates, the final results came in from the expert grower. The Black Dog LED grow light won the challenge by producing 5% more yield, while using much less power.
The 5 % Yield Means Maximized Savings
Additional profits on increased yields are pure profit with no associated costs. LED lights such as these require no additional work and in fact, decrease overall energy costs.
With the increased yields, the cost gap between the LED setup and the HID setup is paid back in less than 10 months.
You can do some simple math here yourself:
- Cost of setting up Black Dog LED Platinum XL: USD 1799
- Cost of setting up 1000w HID: USD 900
- Approximate Cost Difference: USD 900
Assuming that your profits amount to a meager $240 a week.
- Profits accumulated over 10 months (40 weeks): USD 960
There, your cost difference is automatically offset in real time with the cost benefits associated with LED Grow Lights!
Quality Quotients Associated with Black Dog LED Grow Lights
Quality of equipment is highly important when purchasing a LED grow light. You don’t want to enter deals that are very cheap but will end you up with substandard bulbs that go off within months.
Quality is a matter of perception and that can only be estimated through solid research. Therefore, analyze every aspect of the product you wish to buy.
On one hand, an increased yield provides added profit while on the other hand high quality equipment ensures longevity and reduces overheads related to maintenance and repair.
The Proprietary Phyto-Genesis Spectrum is a key component when it comes to guaranteeing high quality. It boosts the production of terpenoids. These elements are responsible for instigating the traditional aromas and flavors associated with different plants, even cannabis.
Black Dog LED grow lights offer high quality equipment powered by their in house optical-cum-electrical technology that boosts yields and adds a highly attractive quality quotient to your plantations.
With such kind of intelligent artificial lighting, you have a greater scope of successful harvests, hybridization and amazing quality of produce. If you want to take your indoor cannabis plantations to the next level, I guess you should give the Black Dog LED grow lights a try.
LED Grow Lights Guide
If you want to learn more about LED grow lights you can read our LED Buyers Guide right here.